Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Diary: 31 July, 1991


Dear Diary,

Today is my eleventh birthday. We are not at Privet Drive but somewhere else, some place Uncle Vernon thought would be very safe and somewhere those letters addressed to me which somehow know where I am, shall not find me. 

There was a loud noise and the door broke open. It actually 'broke' open. A huge man, calling himself Hagrid entered. I met Hagrid for the first time and he told me something that the Dursleys never told me. I AM A WIZARD AND I CAN DO MAGIC. Now I will not study in that old silly muggle school with that Dudley boy, but rather at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I am sure it is all true as that big man Hagrid magically gave Dudley a tail when he was eating my birthday cake. I would be studying magic. I am so happy. I am angry also. Neither Aunt Petunia or Uncle told me about all this. They also told me that mum and dad died in a car crash, but they were actually killed by magic. Hagrid told me all this. I am sure, I will soon come to know much more about my parents.

But now my life will change. I will go back to my world. My parents world. The happy world.

Harry

..............
By: Vidhi Sethi, 10 years

4 comments: