Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Book 5- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

pic courtesy amazon.co.uk
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Written by J K Rowling
Published by Bloomsbury

When I first saw this book, I saw that it was the fattest among the seven. This made me a little uncomfortable, as I thought it would take me ages to finish it. I wanted to read it, but I was worried. I had this conversation with my mother:

Me: This book is very fat. Should I read it?
Mother: Why are you worried about its size?
Me: I might not be able to finish it soon.
Mother: The book is for enjoying, not just for finishing.
So, I started reading it.

Harry gets attacked by Dementors, and when he tries to protect himself, nearly gets expelled.Finally, he manages to reach the House of the Black family, which is the headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix.

At Hogwarts, he has a new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher. Dolores Umbridge. Not Harry's favourite teacher. She works for the Ministry of Magic. Later in the book, she takes over the entire school.

Harry also has some strange dreams about the Department of Mysteries at the ministry. He does not know what they mean. He sees Sirius being tortured by Voldemort at this very place, in his dream. Thinking that it is a sign, he with his friends goes there to rescue Sirius.

This book ends with yet another death. Now the ministry is aware that Voldemort has risen again.

*************************************
Review written by my daughter A, who is 11. 

No comments:

Post a Comment